Iowa State is committed to enrolling a diverse and talented student population. International first-year students who have been offered admission will be automatically awarded these renewable merit scholarships for high achieving applicants based on the High School GPA and SAT or ACT scores submitted during the admissions application process (SAT or ACT is required for this scholarship).
Students must have submitted and completed their application for admission by May 1.
- Incoming international first-year applicants who have been offered admission and will not be receiving financial sponsorship through their home country's government are eligible for this award.
- This is an automatic scholarship for students that meet specific GPA and SAT/ACT combination (a separate scholarship application is not required).
- This scholarship cannot be combined with the International Merit Scholarship.
Scholarship award values
|President's Award for International Student Excellence||$48,000 ($12,000/yr)|
|Dean's Award for International Student Excellence||$40,000 ($10,000/yr)|
*First-year recipients will be funded for a maximum of 8 semesters, or completion of the degree, whichever comes first.
The following criteria must be met during your Iowa State career to maintain the scholarship:
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 while enrolled at Iowa State for the President's Award
- Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 while enrolled at Iowa State for the Dean's Award
- Continuous enrollment in a minimum of 12 semester credits each semester (summers not included)
- Only students assessed international tuition are eligible for this award
- The award may only be used toward undergraduate tuition and fees