1. Establish your account
- Follow the instructions provided on the account creation form and click the 'Create Account' button.
2. Complete the application
- Select the application type you wish to create and the entry term you plan to enter Iowa State. Click the 'Start New Application' button.
- Your application may be completed in multiple sessions. To save your work, click on the 'Save' button at the bottom of each form page.
- To advance page to page within the application, click on the 'Save and Continue' button. The application form requires certain fields be completed before you are allowed to advance to subsequent pages. Follow the instructions provided on the screen to ensure your application information is saved correctly.
3. View activity
- The view activity page provides you with information about the status of the applications you have created. This page shows you the form type, application type, entry term, last saved date, and status.
- Application status – Below is a list of statuses assigned to each application within the application system:
- In progress: The application can be modified and submitted.
- Unpaid: The application has been completed and is no longer available for editing. Payment is required to submit the application for processing. Once the application has been finalized, it can no longer be modified.
- Submitted: The application has been completed and is no longer available for editing. Any required payments have been made and the application is now being processed by the Office of Admissions.
- Expired: The last day to submit an application for this term has passed. Please create a new application for a later term of entry.
4. Finalize and submit your application
- Review your application information carefully. Once an application has been submitted, it may not be changed.
- On the last page of the application, you will click on the 'Finalize and Submit' button. Doing so will provide you with a payment page where you may provide your credit card information for the application fee. Your application is not be provided to Iowa State until your application fee is provided and approved.
- When your application has been successfully submitted, you will receive an email confirmation from the Office of Admissions.
5. Pay your application fee online
- You may pay your application fee by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover).
- Note: Your credit card information is encrypted during transmission from your browser to our server and during payment authorization. Your credit card information is not stored with the Office of Admissions.
6. Close your browser window
- Close your browser window when you're ready to end your application session. This will clear your password and properly close your secure connection.
- Your data is securely stored and transmitted - the web application server encrypts your data when transmitting it and stores the information you enter under the private username and password you create.
- You can complete the application over multiple sessions from any location.
- The information you provide on the application form is not provided to the Office of Admissions until you submit and pay for your application. You may set up your account, complete the information on the application form, change the information, and save it without worry of disclosing information until you're ready.
- No checks to write. You pay your application fee online.
Disclosure of your Social Security Number
Disclosure of your Social Security Number ("SSN") is requested for the student records system of Iowa State University. Federal law requires that you provide your SSN if you are applying for financial aid. Although an SSN is not required for admission to Iowa State, your failure to provide an SSN may delay the processing of your application.
Your SSN is maintained and used by Iowa State for financial aid, internal verification, and administrative purposes, and for reports to Federal and State agencies as required by law. The privacy and confidentiality of your SSN is protected by Federal and State law and Iowa State will not disclose your SSN without your consent for any other purposes except as allowed by law.