The whole point is to help students grow
We have national champions in our midst. In fact, this team has won nine bowl competitions out of the last ten. And every other school in the country is out to beat them. Meet the grass gladiators of the Turf Club at Iowa State.
How do they do it? Simple, they’re willing to do whatever it takes to keep in championship form. They meet at prestigious golf courses to get some hands-on training. They invite guest speakers to meetings to reveal the latest techniques in turf. They even network with top golf course superintendents at conferences across the United States.
Okay, it doesn’t exactly sound grueling. Actually, it sounds quite fun -- not to mention that it also gives them a leg up in a career they’ll love. That’s why Iowa State offers 800 clubs that span any interest, any field, any major. And like the Turf Club, these clubs are recognized as the finest in the nation.
In the end, the whole point is about students meeting new friends, exploring new fields, discovering themselves and growing into the people they were destined to become.
But let’s be honest: the winning part feels pretty awesome too.
- An adventure from student to CEO
- Amazing adventures in the great outdoors
- An adventure moving at the speed of glaciers
- Some call it an internship. She calls it an adventure.
- Top reasons to choose Iowa State for your next adventure
- 2015 May
- 2015 February
- 2014 December
- 2014 August
- 2014 June
- 2014 May
- 2014 April
- 2014 February
- 2014 January
- 2013 November
- 2013 September
- 2013 June
- 2013 May
- 2013 March
- 2012 December
- 2012 November
- 2012 August
- 2012 July
- 2012 February
- 2012 January
- 2011 December
- During elections, their numbers are on speed dial.
- Brandon’s future scientists.
- Is Iowa State big or small? Yes.
- The whole point is to help students grow
- 2011 August
- 2011 July
- 2011 June