Do you have what it takes to be a TV weather forecaster?
Well, it takes more than a toothy smile and some hair gel—as students in the Meteorology Club at Iowa State are finding out firsthand. The club produces a weather show on ISUtv called Cy’s Eyes on the Skies. complete with green screen, weather graphics, and satellite maps. Students learn by doing -- and in the process get to live their dream (or try out a whim) of forecasting the weather in front of a television camera.
Because of the diverse range of activities and opportunities it offers its members, Iowa State’s Meteorology Club was named by the American Meteorology Society this past year as the top club in the nation.
Iowa State has a reputation for student clubs and organizations that win international competitions and are ranked among America's best. Human Sciences has a club that was voted the best student organization two years in a row. Our student-produced fashion magazine Trend recently won a Mark of Excellence Award. And the Ag Business Club has won the most outstanding club in its field four years straight. Through clubs and organizations, Iowa State students enjoy unlimited opportunities to explore their interests and discover their passions.
Mark Twain once quipped, "Everybody talks about the weather. But nobody ever does anything about it."
Try to tell that to the passionate students in the Meteorology Club at Iowa State who are actively doing something about the weather, one forecast at a time.
- Buckling up for an adventure to end cancer
- Testing an adventure at 30,000 feet
- Receiving the seal of adventure
- Turning your best idea into an adventure
- Sharing the adventure of learning with the world
- Turning rough waters into smooth seas
- 2014 December
- 2014 August
- 2014 June
- 2014 May
- 2014 April
- 2014 February
- 2014 January
- 2013 November
- 2013 September
- 2013 June
- 2013 May
- 2013 March
- 2012 December
- 2012 November
- 2012 August
- 2012 July
- 2012 February
- 2012 January
- 2011 December
- 2011 November
- 2011 August
- Alex traveled 700 miles and found home
- Do you have what it takes to be a TV weather forecaster?
- Has Parkinson’s finally met its match?
- On her way to pick up her diploma, Emily took a detour to Rome and China
- 2011 June